The basics seem so simple but are often so hard to action! The basics include: – Healthy eating and reducing sugar intake – Exposure to the good outdoors, “sun and sand” – Reducing stress/reducing overfull schedules – Getting enough sleep – Avoiding unnecessary medication. Today we shall only be focusing on healthy eating as it is so important- “we are what we eat!” 1.Healthy eating (food provides the building blocks for a good immunity!) • Eat as much variety as possible • Eat as much “whole food” as possible- processed food is often nutritionally poor and pro-inflammatory • Do not leave out any entire food groups in children- they need them all! A “carb-free” diet, for example, is not appropriate for the vast majority of children. • Veges and fruits are so important for vitamins and anti-oxidants • Zinc and protein are important for tissue repair • Try include some…
- What we know about Omicron so far …
- Incubation and infectious periods
- Focusing on screen time!
- A Guide to Vaccinating our Teens against COVID-19: Advantages, Side effects, Tips
- It all begins with the skin!
- Long COVID
- Vaccinating Kids against COVID- Risk Benefit Analysis
- More on how can we boost our child’s immunity